Bi lingual going crazy please help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrisgardner, Sep 26, 2007.

1. chrisgardner macrumors newbie

I speak English and Spanish, I am a missionary so I do at least 50% of my work in Spanish. I can't find anywhere to change languages and almost every word I type is underlined as incorrect. Is there anything that I can easily do for the system to check stuff out in Spanish as well as English without making me feel like a complete and utter retard? I am new to the Mac and love it but this one thing is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris Gardner

2. Queso macrumors G4

I think you can only do it in one language at a time sadly. Go into any app that uses the built in dictionary (Mail for example) and choose the spelling option from the Edit menu. You can select the required language in there, which is then used system wide until you change it again.

3. chrisgardner thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked

I just got through checking and it doesn't give me a language option. I am fine with typing one language at a time, I had a 13 page pages document though and everything had red under it. It was crazy. Let me know if I am missing something.

Chris

4. Queso macrumors G4

Where are you pulling it up from? In Mail, I would open a new mail, go to the Edit menu then select Spelling, then Spelling...

In the box that opens I get a a list of dictionaries to use, normally set to British English, but also with Español and others for when I need them. If they aren't there check your International settings in System Preferences to see which languages you have installed.

5. chrisgardner thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

OK, I got it, I hate it when stuff is that simple and I didn't see it. I appreciate your help. Also thanks to whoever the Administrator of this is. I find this to be a very helpful forum. Thanks for all the help.

Chris

6. Queso macrumors G4