Bible software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VintageMac, Jun 1, 2007.

1. VintageMac macrumors member

Can anyone-- pastor or other, recommend Bible software? I've managed with MacBible for about 15 years, but now since my new MacBook is on the way it is time to look for something new.

Vintage

2. reubs macrumors 68000

If you're completely set on using a Mac program, I've heard Accordance software is the way to go. I've got a number of friends who swear by it for sermons, exegesis, etc. On the PC side is Bible Works, which is also a solid program.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You will find quite a few freeware, shareware, and commercial Bible study apps here and there. As a pastor, I presume that you are more interested in power than price. The class of the field appears to be Accordance Bible.

4. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

Quickverse all the way baby! I use it all the time to prepare to lead my Bible study with a few other guys. It has verse lookup, many commentaries, even more bible translations. It is ultra convenient and has lots of resources. I would highly recommend it! The only downside is the price. The gold edition is 350, the black box is 129 and the white box, which I have, is 59. Hope this helps!

5. VintageMac thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, this is helpful. Btw, I am also interested in price!

Vintage

6. hogmog macrumors member

I have used Accordance for a couple of years now and find it easy to use and very good at what it is supposed to do. The core 'set' is not unreasonably priced and you can add extra modules as and when you require them. Much better than the application I had on my Windows machine.