bibliophiles/experts or lawyers, should I throw this out?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jng, Jul 7, 2007.

1. jng macrumors 65816

jng

So I've been cleaning out closets at my mother's house and I came across something I acquired several years ago, when I was a kid. I think someone didn't want and because I'm a bibliophile and up until recently planned on being a lawyer, I took them.

They're 1920s-1940s Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Reports and Decisions.

I was going to take them (and lots of other stuff) to Goodwill, but my sister says they're not really "reading material" so they probably won't take them.
    Then we wondered if they're worth anything.

They've been sitting in my closet for years. It definitely seems like I shouldn't throw them out, but what to do with them?

Attached Files:

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Or, see if there's a law school nearby that might be interested in them.

4. jng thread starter macrumors 65816

jng

Hmm, don't know why I didn't think of it...actually I do....I'm too lazy to take them out load them in the car and transport them, lol.

But I'd still love to know if these are worth keeping just cause maybe they're valuable or interesting (I wonder if Sacco&Vanzetti are in there).

5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Not to hi-jack this thread, but I have to tell you I've seen your avatar/post about 4 times in the last half hour or so, and every time I'm flicking through the page back to the top I think that your avatar is spicyapple's.

And I have to agree with seeing if a school nearby would want them. Even if for one certain case being discussed in a class.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

That'd be a good call...granted it'd require some work, but I know that some of the stuff we have in my university library is absolutely obscure...but interesting to some. Worth keeping? Not unless you want to read it. Worth finding someone to donate them to? Only if you're not too lazy to do it. :p

If it was me, I'd probably make a grand statement about taking them somewhere where someone would appreciate them, then have them get moldy in my basement until I had to throw them out.