Big and Major Problem! HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by timmyxdd, Mar 16, 2011.

1. timmyxdd macrumors newbie

So, I'm running a fully jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 FW. My T-Mobile SIM Card is running perfectly, until today.

Whenever I'm in the subway or in the basement in my school cafeteria, I tend to lose service, which is not unusual. But the weird thing is, when I'm outside of school, I still get no service or reception.

The only way for me to get service back is when I press the "Reset Network Settings" button, which can be found under Settings<General<Reset<Reset Network Settings

It gets extremely annoying, especially when I have to reset the network settings EVERY DAY. Does anyone have a solution for this?

THANKS!

2. timmyxdd thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. timmyxdd thread starter macrumors newbie

What's also weird is that once i disable 3G, I lose service almost immediately. Once I leave it on, I have full bars.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You shouldnt have 3G on cause you signal will flunctuate and eventually wont get anything since you cant use Tmobiles 3G bands.
    Turn it off and restart your iphone, the issues you're having is because of that and have been said for over 2 years now. If you're using an unlocked iphone on Tmobile you need to turn off 3G.

6. timmyxdd thread starter macrumors newbie

So turning off 3G and restarting my iPhone should do the trick? I should be able to receive service/reception without restarting my network settings right?

7. timmyxdd thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, Data Roaming must be enabled too, right?

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Wow, who knew macrumors had an echo effect? :rolleyes:

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, it should pick up reception again without reseting network once you get signal.
    Data roaming wont matter but I'd leave it off.

10. timmyxdd thread starter macrumors newbie

It still tells me no service. Should I take my SIM card out, restore Network Settings, restart the iPhone, disable 3G, THEN put my SIM card in?

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, give all that a shot.
    I know it might take a minute but it should eventually reconect to Tmobiles network after it loses signal.

12. timmyxdd thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know why it's still not finding service. Any more tips or suggestions?

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That sucks.
    If you have shsh blobs saved id say restore to custom ipsw and jb and unlock again but that is a process if you're not 100% how to.

14. timmyxdd thread starter macrumors newbie

So, I can jailbreak using redsn0w, then unlock with ultrasn0w installed in Cydia right?

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not redsnow.
    Depending on what firmware you want to go up to you will have to use pwnage tool to preserve your unlockable baseband.
    And use Tinyumbrella for your shsh blobs.