Big Apple Oops / HP doesn't like Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by polisigh, Jul 20, 2011.

1. polisigh macrumors newbie

I just downloaded Lion on my laptop... and I just came back from buying a new mac at apple store with Lion on it. Got the promotion of the $99 off for buying a new printer. Put in the disc and guess what... the printer doesn't work with 10.6 or above. Big Oops. And, there is no update online for HP. So, with all this marketing commotion with Lion... the printers aren't compatible.

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Lol, I suspect if you go back to the Apple store they will make it right for you. Thats a silly mistake.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Look for an alternate driver. There wasn't an official driver for my printer but found one that works.

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

When I got my MBP back in 2007, I got a free Canon printer with it. I haven't tried with Lion, but when I re-installed Snow Leopard a few months ago I had to spend about 45 minutes downloading and re-downloading drivers to get the printer to work, and even then it wouldn't work on my home network.

Long story short... I'm not surprised.

5. METOO999 macrumors regular

My old PSC 2210 is probably useless with Lion. I'm not buying another HP printer ever.

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Buy a postscript compatible printer.

They cost a little more, but you will NEVER have a problem getting it to work on any future OS release *ever*, whether it be Mac OS X, Windows, Linux or anything else.

Postscript is the most universal printer language there is. Every system supports it out of the box.

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Don't use the drivers from the disk. Find anything that you installed with that and delete it. Then plug the printer in and turn it on. It should have all the drivers you need. Same thing happened with my HP printer when I upgraded to 10.6 from 10.5, since they integrated the drivers into the OS.

8. ihonda macrumors 68000

check software update, my c310a was incompatible then i ran software update from apple and it grabbed the right files, wireless works great now