Big Audio Problems on new imac running windows 7 on bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MaxRusky, Jan 22, 2010.

1. MaxRusky macrumors newbie

I have tough sound issues on my imac 27 with bootcamp windows 7 x64.

1) I have no stereo mix in recording or playing options. I have tried downloading driver software for cirrus logic, but nothing has worked.

Do any imac 27 windows 7 get stereo mix in your sound options?

2) when you plug in the headset plug in causes cpu to go up about 20 percent. This is not on the mac side, only using bootcamp windows. goes back down after removing the headset.

Anyone else have this issue in imac running windows?

3) The imac has a tri band headset plug of the type trrs. It is the same as on the iphone and works fine with a trrs headset like the iphone headset. It allows you to record from the headset mic rather than the embedded imac mike (better quality). Problem is it doesn't work on the windows side.

Anyone having the same issue with the imac running windows 7 64 or 32 from bootcamp?

I have read from other forums that the 3.1 and imac updates dont fix the problem.

can you imac windows 7 users share info on this?

Thanks for help ! basic sound is one of the most important aspects, and I am disappointed that the cirrus logic soundcard is not really supported by apple in windows, and cirrus logic is no help either.

So, anyone have these issues as on my imac, or anyone NOT having them?

appreciate the imput!

prof. Max
    MaxRusky is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Have you not installed the 3.1 update to find out? It dramatically fixed my wireless issues, and that wasn't even a main feature of 3.1.