Big boys don't use bumpers/cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fckdroid, Jul 18, 2010.

1. fckdroid macrumors newbie

Did you catch this?

"
    Q: Do any of you use bumpers on your iPhone 4s?
    A: All three executives hold up their phones...no bumpers or cases. Steve: I don't, and I get better reception. ..."

That's how the pros roll. and you can bet that most of those bigshots in the audience go naked as well. So if you want to look like somebody and not just another teenager or starving college student who's trying to protect their very expensive iphone, lose the damn bumper/case!

2. GDVI macrumors regular

GDVI

3. chris.robison macrumors regular

Woot!

They don't use bumpers because they aren't needed. :)

4. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

Do you actually think that Steve Jobs and other multi-millionaire execs of Apple would EVER use a case on their iPhone? Do you think they are even ALLOWED to use a case? If you represent Apple you need to do so in the best light, so they would never ever use a case so they can show off the look of the iPhone. If they drop one every day who cares, they can get however many they would ever need...

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Plus let us be fair.. they don't have to pay for a new one if they break it, or if they do it does not matter.

I would not use a case either unless I was worried about it getting damaged.

6. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I'm sure that none of them are required to lock into a 2 year contract and worry about dropping a $600 device because they would have to buy it again if it drops.

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

So it's wrong to want to protect your admittedly expensive phone?

8. chris.robison macrumors regular

Let's all not read too much into this. People do this too much lately.

9. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Huh? You do realize that if i was a top exec at Apple or just filthy rich with connections in general i'd go naked too because if anything were to happen i'd have access to a vat of replacement phones with just one phone call.

Also, of course Steve gets better reception, he has a freaking AT&T Mast (and now Verizon) custom built and placed on his campus

If any of those 3 damaged their phones or went swimming with it they'd have a brand new phone waiting on their desk the next day...no question asked/no charge. AT&T probably also gives them free service or Apple pays for it. So nothing is out of pocket

Of course they'd go naked.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

+1

And if they get bad reception they call their IT staff for a hug. For our execs we put a micro-cell in the basement with antennas on their floors. The problems of rich people... :)

11. Mike Reed macrumors regular

Even if they do use cases, it would be ridiculous for them to have them on when they went to this press conference. Right now, a photo of them using bumpers on their phones would just be adding fuel to the fire.

12. NetBaffle macrumors newbie

But I am a starving college student and I was a teenager just a few short years ago. Besides, if I made the kind of money that Steve and the crew make, I'd lose my bumper and just buy another iPhone 4 whenever I dropped it. But I don't. So I can't. :D