BIG IPOD PHOTO

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
i was thinking about buying an ipod phot after the recent price drop the i saw one those things are huge compared to standard ipods i dont care wat the site specs say.

anyone expect size decreases.

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
Say what? In english, please.

Lemmie see if I can translate that.......you say you think it's huge compared to the other ones, and you don't believe the Apple dimension data?

I guess it's your personal opinion as to whether something is "huge" or not...

The 20gb iPod is .57" thick. The 30gb iPod Photo is .63" thick. That's a difference of .06". The 60gb is slightly thicker at .75", for a difference of .18".

I imagine just like anything, as the technology advances the device will get smaller.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
jknight8907 said:
Say what? In english, please.

Lemmie see if I can translate that.......you say you think it's huge compared to the other ones, and you don't believe the Apple dimension data?

I guess it's your personal opinion as to whether something is "huge" or not...

The 20gb iPod is .57" thick. The 30gb iPod Photo is .63" thick. That's a difference of .06". The 60gb is slightly thicker at .75", for a difference of .18".

I imagine just like anything, as the technology advances the device will get smaller.
the .06" can be explained by the bigger battery to drive the display/hard drive for photos, and the .12" between the 30 and 60 is because the 60 is a 2-platter disk. that's why the 40gb was .75" as well. the old 30gb 3g ipod had a 2-platter disk and was thus thicker but with the advent of 30gb platters that's no longer needed. sorry if this sounds like a bunch of crazed rambling :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.