Big iTunes Problem during moving, how/easiest way to fix it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jdl8422, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jdl8422 macrumors 6502

jdl8422

My internal HD that was dedicated just for itunes was filling up so I purchased 2 1.5TB HDs and created a RAID for my itunes library. I followed all the steps in moving the library. I changed the library location in settings, consolidated library then copied the data file and xml file. When it was all said and done I the settings said the library was in one place but the songs were referencing the original location. So after fighting with it I just reverted back to the original hard drive and everything was fine, EXCEPT I was missing about 300+ songs in my itunes. They are still on the disk because the HD size is still the same, the problem is the playlist and the songs are not added to the library.

I tried copying the entire contents of the the hard drive from my time machine back up, and I was still short 300+ songs. I dont understand what happened. I dont know what to do short of going to each individual artist folder and import it again. I really dont want to do this because I have 12000+ songs and a few hundred playlist and now only 788 songs are showing up and there are no empty playlist in the library.

Does anyone know of a way to see what songs are on my hard drive but not imported into the library? Or any other suggestions?

2. jdl8422 thread starter macrumors 6502

jdl8422

3. iOrlando macrumors 68000

trying put that in another forum. that is pretty technical..and the people with the power to answer that wont be in the ipod and itunes discussion.