Big Jambox vs. inMotion iM9

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mgpg89, May 16, 2012.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Currently I have these 'mobile' speakers: inMotion iM9

[​IMG]

However, I'm looking into getting a Big Jambox by Jawbone, but only if they offer sound that's (nearly) as good as the ones I currently have ... or better, of course.

Anyone here who got a chance to test both? How does the Big Jambox stack up?

Thanks in advance!

2. oluv macrumors newbie

not sure how the old iM9 sounds, as i had only the big iM7 and now the iMT800.
    but i am pretty sure the big jambox should smoke the iM9 soundwise. altec lansing just used normal broadband drivers in the iM9, no port etc. The Big Jambox has 2 opposing passive radiators which should help a lot for bass response. I also own a Bose Soundlink and this one really kicks ass especially considering its size. The Big Jambox should be comparable to the Bose Soundlink soundwise, although some reviews claim the Bose to sound better and more powerful, but Bose were always masters for squeezing big sound out of small speakers, even if many Bose haters claim differently.

Before buying the Big Jambox I would have a look at the Soundlink too, as it is even smaller. I really love it, despite the slightly muffled treble. But for outside listening the Soundlink is a gem! It sounds more powerful then my HK go+play when run from batteries!

3. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Another vote for the Bose Soundlink Mobile. The sound and range is quite impressive for the size. Excellent battery life and build quality. Plus Bose supports their products and posts new firmware updates for the system on a regular basis. Bluetooth quality is good and pairing is quick and easy.