Big Macbook Pro Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by remybrooks, Sep 18, 2012.

1. remybrooks, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

remybrooks macrumors member

Hi,
    I just bought a 13 inch" 2.7 ghz, 8gb RAM, 256 SSD MBP. I got it operating and was running 4 non-intensive apps. I think they were Safari, Disk Utility, Mail and Calendar or something like that. Then i get this message saying I have to force quit applications because there isn't enough space on my boot disk.

This is when I had put nothing on there, only pre installed apps. My computer says i have used 60gb when I definitely haven't and then has a meltdown and I have to turn it on and off. When i reboot everything is normal and Disk Utility says I have only used 20gb of space. Should I get a replacement or keep on using it as it seems to be working fine now. It seems really odd to have such a big problem 20 minutes into use.

Also, can they give me some sort of compensation (second faulty mac in a row).

Thanks lots for the help!

2. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

Try taking it back and hopefully you'll get a compensation.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Sounds like some sort of hiccup, if it's not persistent then don't worry about it. As far as compensation, not really. You could opt for a refund of the money you put out for the machine. I have heard of people being offered a small gift like a gift card or something for their troubles (not sure how accurate that is) but it doesn't seem like your situation would warrant anything like that.

4. remybrooks thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I'm just a bit worried because that was a pretty big issue. The bad side of SSD??? I don't want to wait another week for another one to come in if I get it replaced but I also don't want it to play up after my 14 refund days.

5. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I understand. Your best bet is to take it in and see what they have to say about it.