Big Price Cut on new KabyLake MBPs?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by muratura, May 8, 2017.

1. muratura macrumors member

Hi everybody,

As you all know our favorite analyst Ming-Chi Kuo with KGI Securities has said a few months ago that the MBP will have a KabyLake refresh in the second half of the year and that the price will be cut for the entry level version.
    Since the current iteration has a bunch of issues due to being first gen and since my 2010 15 incher still chugs along I've been delaying the purchase. Here where I live there have been some big price sales (at least for the silver base 13" ntb) and there are some 2nd hand offers available which are under 1000 (3 years care but with Norwegian keyboard).
    I've been looking previous price cuts from other releases and I cannot get a feel for how much is the new Kaby 13" ntb going to cost.
    It seems the price cut is gonna be about 100 bucks. Is it going to be higher than that? Or maybe no price cut at all and they add 16 gigs by default :p?!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The 15" MBP already has 16GB of ram.

Only time will tell, as Apple doesn't announce such things. We'll find out about any possible price cuts when they release new MBPs

3. muratura thread starter macrumors member

Abybody know how much was the 2nd iteration of retina discounted for? I remember a small decrease in price but not how much :(

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

It took a fair few years for the retinas to hit the original pricepoint of the 15" 2012 cMBP. IIRC they released a much cheaper retina model in Early 2013, but that was because the CPU was far less powerful than either of the 2012s so component cost was less (CPU is a hefty chunk).