big printer problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bmms8, May 27, 2008.

1. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Hello, i have a HP PSC 1210 AIO. i have leopard on my macbook but i didnt install any printer drivers. i installed the printer driver a couple weeks ago and it was fine, but i noticed that the driver was about 193 MB because i think it was a driver for all the PSC series. today i wanted to just install the 1210 driver and i thought that was possible so i deleted the printer off my macbook. i then deleted everything in the printer folder under hard drive, library, printers. i tried reinstalling the printer but then system update could not find the driver. i then deleted everything in the printers folder under hard drive, system, library, printers. now i cannot even see that a printer is installed to my laptop when trying to install it. can someone please help me? thanks!

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Have you tried to install the HP printer drivers from the original Leopard disks?

3. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

right now i do not have my leopard cd as my friend has it right now. Do you know if installing the printer drivers from the cd will fix the problem? thanks in advance. also, is there anyway to fix this without the cd as i will not have the cd until sunday.

4. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

i am not to sure if this will work or not, but does anyone think that if you can email me what is in your Hard Drive -> System -> Library -> Printers -> Libraries folder might work i will be very thankful. please let me know.

5. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

anyone know if this will work, please help, thank you.