Big Problem After Updating to 2.0.1 PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by btnnaz, Aug 10, 2008.

1. btnnaz macrumors regular

I get no signal whatsoever. I just finished upgrading and now i just have like 4 dots in a straight line at the top it doesnt even say att. It doesn't matter where i go it's always the same and it never says no service just those 4 dots. Please help

2. billandy macrumors regular

3. btnnaz thread starter macrumors regular

4. btnnaz thread starter macrumors regular

Ok i tried that now im stuck at the connect to itunes screen and now itunes is saying it cannot be used because the info needed for activation cannot be find and my phone shows the imei and under iccid it says UNKNOWN!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

try going into DFU mode and restoring to 2.0.1
    google "DFU mode iphone"

6. btnnaz thread starter macrumors regular

yeah im trying that now

7. btnnaz thread starter macrumors regular

8. btnnaz thread starter macrumors regular

9. manhattanboy macrumors 6502a

manhattanboy

I started a thread awhile back warning people that the new update F*cks up your reception...
    It's a serious problem. Try restoring again to 2.0 using the link in that thread and then reupdating (you will be forced to unfortunately) again to 2.01
    :mad:

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I didn't have the exact problems but I did get the iTunes icon with the usb cable (restore mode). It took me using another computer to restore for it to work. Then I had to delete the plist files from iTunes on my main machine. While I did back up before I started the update process, iTunes pulled a backup from 2 months ago. I was ok with that since the phone wasn't screwed after all. Losing some pics and texts that I would have liked to keep was worth getting my phone back.

The key was updated iTunes, sync, backup, then update. The sync is what I didn't do before but I didn't know you had to. Apparently you do/should.

11. goque macrumors newbie

2.0.1 Update

I just updated 201. The bars do go in and out. I'm getting the 4 dots and is over the edge. But I'm locked out of two wifis. I'm able to make calls; R u?
    I don't know if that helps; Chek with an Apple genius.

12. cpljwlusmc macrumors regular

My iPhone 3G has 2.0.1 and I haven't had any connectivity issues at all. I connect to WiFi perfectly, and I get full 3g everywhere but my neghborhood, but niether do my parents, and they have Samsung A-707 phones and get about two bars of 3G in the house, but we always have full EDGE. It's my neighborhood, not the phone.

The worst issue I do have is apps crashing and lag in the contacts menu.

Take your iPhone into Apple.

13. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

Same here I have now problems but I get full 3g in my house, also try making a call just to try!!!!!
    a