Big problem, is this unfixable?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bluedevil7878, Aug 8, 2007.

1. bluedevil7878 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, a few weeks ago out of nowhere the upper right hand menu of my mac vanished...the battery meter, bluetooth controls and wireless/volume controls. To remedy the problem yesterday I created a new user and it all seemed better everything was fixed, the only thing I moved to the new user account from the old one was my music collection. Everything seemed fine and was working well last night, however when i turned on the computer an hour ago after booting up there were several problems. A lot of text was missing. For example in the upper left hand corner when I go to file, edit, go , window, help , etc. and click on the only an empty box appears where there are usually further options. When I click on Safari a warning box pops up with no text and three empty buttons. When I go into the control panel all of the text is gone and its not possible to navagate. I'm really at a loss as to what I should do, hopefully I don't have to reset it and lose everything, itunes music, documents etc. but at this point I'm willing to consider anything to keep me from having to get a new computer all together. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you have any theme changers installed? Are you using third party RAM? Maybe use Disk Utility to verify your drive and repair if necessary. :)