Big Problem with FCE and Motion 1.0

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MacTale, Dec 9, 2009.

1. MacTale macrumors newbie

I bought and installed a used copy of Motion 1.0 There was something wrong right off the bat - an error message came up during the Motion registration window. I selected register later and when Motion started no menu bar was visible, after a few clicks it crashed. I tried a few more times and repaired permissions and gave up trying to run Motion. Then I went back to my project(close to completion) in FCE 4.0 and when I launched it - FCE crashed immediatly. I now cannot get it to run - every launch it crashes. So I think great now is a good time to use Time Machine, but... I had turned time machine off last Sep. So If I restore I loose the last 4 months of work. Any suggestions? I did back up my FCE project. Maybe I should just restore FCE application from back in Sep.? Any suggestions would be appreciated...

PS
    Processor: iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo
    Memory: 1GB 667MHz

2. midge50 macrumors newbie

Have you tried to remove Motion and/or try to register. Maybe it is hung up in the install process and has some hook in FCE?

3. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

Motion 1.0 is PPC code and will not work with an Intel Mac. You need to remove Motion and copy all essential files to a firewire disk. If the problems with FCE persist, then you will probably need to reinstall OSX and do a fresh install of FCE.

4. MacTale thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Bigboss - I figured that. I guess I didn't read the fine print. I reinstalled FCE and everything is OK. The Motion Effects disk added some cool stuff to my Live type - so at least I got something out of it - Thanks again