Big problem with Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ajaswal, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ajaswal macrumors newbie

I don't know exactly where this would go but here it is...

I'm trying to find the location where iTunes stores it's backups in Lion...I'm currently using beta 3 for iTunes and it does backup my phone just fine but I can't find the location of the backup.

When I go to Library/Application Support there IS NO Mobile Sync folder or anything like that, I do not know where iTunes is keeping them at all. Further more when I go to users/myusername/ there isn't even a Library folder at all. No matter what I try I can't find the damn backups does anyone know where they are now stored or if I am doing anything wrong?

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

are you backing up to icloud? if it does it says it won't keep one your local drive.

3. ajaswal, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

ajaswal thread starter macrumors newbie

No and that's the thing, I chose not to backup to iCloud its doing it all on the computer.

The thing that's just annoying me is that I can't find the MobileSync folder at all

4. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Where are you looking? /Library/Application Support or ~/Library/Application Support? Mine is located in ~/Library/Application Support, but I'm using iTunes 10.3.1

5. ajaswal thread starter macrumors newbie

For my drive structure I've looked in:

/OSX Lion/Library/Application Support
    /OSX Lion/System/Library
    /OSX Lion/Users/aniteshjaswal/

What's so frustrating is that where the thing usually is located, in the username/library I don't have a Library folder, just the usual desktop, documents, downloads et al.

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

The folder is hidden in Lion.

7. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

Open the Go menu in Finder and hold down the Option key- there you can access your ~/Library folder as before.

8. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

You do have a library folder it is just hidden in Lion. So it is likely in /Users/Aniteshjaswal/Library/Application Support

9. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

When you unhide your Library it should be here:
    ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

10. ajaswal thread starter macrumors newbie

Everyone thank you so much! I've avoided a decent headache, I had all my backup files on a external drive so I was kinda ******** myself that I couldn't transfer them over.

This might be a rant, but why the hell is Apple now hiding the Library folder by default? This was just an annoyance, a stupid one.

11. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

My theory is they are hiding it to keep inexperienced users from getting into trouble. Easy enough to get to by just holding the option key down, but complex enough to stop people like you ha ha :p

12. Mr Gee macrumors newbie

Same problem with Skype file

My Skype folder used to be library/application support but in Lion it is not in the application support folder, can anyone help please?

13. Mr Gee macrumors newbie

Same problem with Skype

I have the same problem with my skype file. This was in application support but isn't any more. Can anyone let me know where this is hiding. Its not in library/application support in lion like it was in snow leopard.

Thanks