big problem with macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gamer2502, Feb 8, 2009.

1. gamer2502 macrumors regular

hey everyone i have a pretty big problem with my newish alu. 2.4ghz macbook. you see i was typing away today on it and the c key popped off out of no where. i thought nothing of it and just popped it back on then i hit the c key and it came off again. so i looked at the bottom and saw that one of the little clear i guess you could call them hooks had on side broken. it is on the actual key not the whit hinge or the mac any help would be very appreciated because i really love my mac:apple:

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Please. Retype. In. Sentences. So. We. Understand. What. Happened.

3. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

hey everyone i have a pretty big problem with my newish alu. 2.4ghz macbook. you see i was typing away today on it and the c key popped off out of no where. i thought nothing of it and just popped it back on then i hit the c key and it came off again. so i looked at the bottom and saw that one of the little clear i guess you could call them hooks had on side broken. it is on the actual key not the whit hinge or the mac any help would be very appreciated because i really love my mac:apple:

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Well you could either take it to an Apple Store and ask them to put in a replacement key, or go onto ebay, buy a replacement key and fit it yourself.

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I understood it just fine without the periods.

6. rimbdizz macrumors newbie

nice repost. lmao. If what you were intending to do was in fact, sarcastic. As for the c key, ebay.

7. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

i tried ebay and couldn't find it:apple:

8. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

9. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

i don't know thats why i asked:apple:

10. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

fair enough, I'm assuming it would be, this could be a lesser common issue with the alu keyboards, aside from some being slanted

11. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Take it to an Apple store. If it is a physical defect, it will be covered by Applecare or your warranty.

12. GUILTIE macrumors regular

My escape key popped off (lol) and I took it into the Apple Store. They said they no longer replace individual keys so they had to replace the whole top case! During the process they screwed up twice, ended up getting a new laptop for me which took forever. By the time I got my laptop back it had been 2 months. I hope you have more luck :(

13. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

i hope that doesn't happen to me:apple:

14. om3ga785 macrumors member

Dude, Apple Care will take care of it. Find the nearest apple store and take it there. Thats what a warranty is for. Right? :rolleyes:

15. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

ya i guess:apple:

16. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

OMG. That's horrible. It's great that they made it right, but 2 months? :confused:

17. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

ya it is horrible and i hope it doesn't happen to me too:apple:

18. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

can i fix it myself e because i really don't want to not have my macbook for a couple of weeks:apple:

19. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

I understood ok......are you a bit mental ?

20. HazRutter macrumors regular

HazRutter

Not sure, it would be a fiddly job, if I was you I'd make use of Apple Care .

21. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Take it to the Apple Store. It might be out 1-2 days at the most unless you have to mail it in (if you don't live near a store). I've had the top case replaced several times on my Core Duo MacBook and each time it only took an hour or two (Genius bar was busy). The exception was the time I went into the Apple Store really late and they kept it overnight.

You can also request that you be able to keep your MacBook until the part comes in and they're ready to repair it. It's not worth trying to do it yourself especially since it's covered under AppleCare.

22. GUILTIE macrumors regular

Yeah but I was pissed off to say the least. They also didn't give anything to make up for all of the trouble it was. I'm happy now though because I really love this computer, but it turned my dad off from :apple: so when he needed a new computer he got a PC. For all the credit :apple: gets for their good customer service it really was unbelievable. They even called to say it was ready one day and when I got there after the hour ride they said "Oh actually the new computer we ordered for you failed our quality tests, so we will have to order another." Ohh boy what a day...

23. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

24. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

i hope they fix it if they don't I will probably buy a key and sell the macbook:apple:

25. gamer2502 thread starter macrumors regular

Update: I took it to the apple store today and made a appointment at the store when i got there and just browsed the mall for a 1/2 hour until it was time for my appointment then i went i there and they literally just took a key off of anther macbook and stuck it on mine so overall i am very satisfied with my experience at the apple store and will definitely be keeping my macbook btw thanks everyone for helping me decide what to do:apple: