big problems with iphoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reeba, Sep 20, 2010.

1. reeba macrumors newbie

hi can anyone help, I was backing up my photos on my power mac and first of all Iphoto seperated lots of group shots into individual pics, then after back up all my photos on iphoto vanished, over 8000 of them, I used to search function from finder and got them all, moved them into a folder on the desk top to transfer back to iphoto, problem is its not happening, I treid drag and drop and iphoto keeps saying preparing to import and it either still hasn't done anything after 40mins or it shuts down, I've gone into the apple logo and clicked import to library and highlighted all the pics and again nothing happens, I've checked for updates and its all up to date, oh the other thing thing is its lumped all my albums and events into 1 big event, please can someone help????

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

How did you back up the photos? It sounds to me that your iPhoto Library got corrupted somehow. The easiest way to fix this is to, if you have such a thing, copy an older version of the iPhoto Library from before things went wrong. If you lack such an older version, all is not lost. Since you recovered all your photos successfully, you can create a new iPhoto Library and import your files into that, instead. Quit iPhoto if it's running, move the corrupt library elsewhere - say, to your Desktop, then relaunch iPhoto. Try importing your photos again.