Big problems with using both USBs at once?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HacKage, May 15, 2010.

1. HacKage macrumors 6502

Hi there, I've had my first MBP for just over 2 weeks now, but I'm becoming more and more frustrated with it regarding the usb ports.First of all the main biggie being that there is only 2, but apart from that, for some reason I can't use both at once!

I own a Blackberry Bold and a iPhone 3g, and when I plug both in, the iPhone goes nuts, disconnecting and reconnecting constantly and iTunes reports loads of errors.If I disconnect both, and reconnect the iPhone only, it connects fine.

I repair phones for a living, and I took my iPhone into work and replaced the dock connector and make sure the plug on the board was fine.I have absolutely no problems plugging it into my other VAIO laptop, or my desktop, only when I plug it, and my Bold into the MBP.

Does anyone else have problems with their usbs, or have they heard of this problem before? I am becoming increasingly frustrated after spending over £1900 on this laptop, and I cant have both my phones connected at the same time.Any help would be greatly appreciated, and would probably save someone at the Genius bar from getting an earful haha.

Taylor

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Does it happen when you plug in one of your phones and another USB peripheral? Try it. If there's still a problem try using the "other" phone + peripheral to see if you can narrow the problem down.

3. HacKage thread starter macrumors 6502

I have no problems connecting my Bold and say a usb drive in.When I have my iPhone plugged in it disconnects and reconnects constantly, and gives me error code 0xE8000001 in iTunes. I have absolutely no troubles with the iPhone on any of my other computers, only my MBP unfortunately.