Big Scanning Project

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by htdefiant, Dec 10, 2008.

1. htdefiant macrumors member

Hello,

I have made it my project to scan a ton of photos this summer. I am currently working with iPhoto, but have decided that I will be switching to the more professional Aperture (unless someone wants to try and convince me Lightroom is more worth my time). I will not be scanning negatives, rather, the photos themselves. So, I would like some tips on a few things:
    • What scanner to get that has a photo loading tray for 3x5 (4x6 would be nice too)
    • How to automate my scanning

I've posted this in two other web forums, so sorry if this is a second read for some of you - I am just trying to get as many ideas as possible.

Thank you.

2. Pili macrumors regular

I actually started doing this with old family photos over the summer but I'm probably doing it the most inefficient way possible lol. I was just using photoshop, and going to file import and using scan gear, then just saving the files under their default names in a folder. Not sure how else to do it but it is convenient that the scan gear has some decent fade correction for older photos which it can do automatically. When I'm done with that i will probably import them all into aperture and organize/tag using that.

I'd love to hear if there is a better way.