Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Anybody find the screen big coming from a 4.7” handset? It’s much taller I doubt I would like the max size even the XR could prove much larger than the XS.

willdude

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
Also coming from a 7, and yeah, it's real big. Kinda split on how I feel about it. On the one hand, it sure is nice, and the interactive gestures are surprisingly intuitive. On the other, it's tougher to use one handed, especially having small hands. I have to use reachability more, which isn't (yet) quite as easy as the double tap on home. Also there's just something about the comfortable snugness of a smaller screen, but maybe that's just me.

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
I came from an iPhone 8, one of the best phones I've ever used.

I moved to an XS, and its taking some getting used to but the actual footprint of the phone is the same as the entire 8, so I'm happy with it overall. I'm having to use reachability the odd time to get to the control centre, but other than that its ok.

The Max is too big, but that's just my opinion, maybe I just have small hands...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.