Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Critycal

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2016
Yes, it is called iPhone 6S.

No, I do not think Apple is going to release another SE device. A new SE would have already released by now.

Reactions: Math889

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yes, it is called iPhone 6S.

No, I do not think Apple is going to release another SE device. A new SE would have already released by now.

The SE was introduced because a core demographic still appreciates a smaller display.

And I disagree, A new iPhone SE would not have launched by now. This is not likely an update that's going to see an annual refresh similar to the iPhone 7/7+. The iPhone SE is a budget phone and does not incorporate some of the latest hardware. I do believe iPhone SE will see a refresh, but not likely until 2018.

Reactions: Rok73

Ixon2001

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2017
Wigan UK
The SE sits in between the 6S & 7 if you go off performance so it still a very powerful little phone & has plenty life left init yet.

Once the SE has run it course that will be it, there won't be a SE2 it be a new budget iPhone based on the 6 or 7 design with a 4.7" screen as Apple will have moved onto a new design for the 8 or 9.

j2ee

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
No one expected around 50% price of ipad pro with same screen size and storage size come anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.