Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stormyguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2002
UK (Sussex)
Hi All

I'm thinking of purchasing a big screen to use with my 12" Powerbook G4 on my desktop when I'm at home. The small PB is perfect for me on the road but it would be nice to have a bigger screen at home when I'm multi-tasking.

I like the Apple displays and I understand my PB will be OK with these BUT are there any resolution issues I should be thinking about??

I don't think I can have the largest display (30") as it needs a certain graphics card which I don't think my PB has but I do like the 23" version. Cost is not an issue really but I want to make sure of a nice crisp image and I did hear that the 12" PB might be 'limited' in what it can display??

Any advice/info greatly received.....
Thanks in advance
Danny

nels0360

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2004
Colorado
I know you said that cost is not an issue, but do take a look at the Dell FP2005W. It's a 20" Widescreen LCD with 2 USB ports buit in. It can do VGA, DVI, S-Video & Composite.

I have one hooked up to my 12" PowerBook and it looks great. No resolution problems at all. The price is $600 USD (on sale) or about half the cost of the Apple Display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.