Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

auralux

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 7, 2017
Anyone else getting this eyesore? Not sure why this happens across so many macOS updates. They fix it and then it returns. Do they not see it in testing or simply not care?

Last edited:

auralux

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 7, 2017
Still having the eyesore. Would love some advice!

Comment

auralux

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 7, 2017
Let me rephrase my question because I don’t think people are understanding what I am asking. I apologize if the way I worded it wasn’t clear. I can’t be the only person noticing this.

Does anyone else have the issue in Big Sur that when you either shutdown or reboot the machine that the dock doesn’t drop down off the screen completely like it is supposed to. It starts to drop down off the screen but freezes about halfway down. I realize it is just an eyesore, but it’s annoying and I’ve seen this issue come and go with many OS versions. Why can’t Apple get it fixed once and for all and why does it keep coming back with OS updates? I’m on a new iMac with a brand new clean install of the latest version of Big Sur and nothing plugged into the machine.

Comment

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
I care. It’s aesthetically unpleasant. Kind of like your response.
I mean really? It doesn’t cause issues and with faster computer these days the process shuts down faster, why wait for the dock to drop? When kill signal is faster and it reboots .

if you that picky call apple see what they say

Comment

auralux

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 7, 2017
I mean really? It doesn’t cause issues and with faster computer these days the process shuts down faster, why wait for the dock to drop? When kill signal is faster and it reboots .

if you that picky call apple see what they say
When spending a lot of money with a company I am indeed “that picky”. I have reported the issue to Apple.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.