Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
So I gave my macOS 11.0.1 appearance a taste of old school Macintosh System 1.1. I have to say it doesn't look so bad.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 5.30.36 PM.png

Here's the original for reference:

FirstVersions_Mac-OS_Desktop.png

Maybe I could complete the look if I found a classic icon pack.

Furka

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2019
Not bad ! Easy for the eyes. I am now on Big Sur on the iMac for test purposes, and the clear theming is hard for the eyes one hour later from start working with it. The Mojave/Catalina theming is more pleasant for my tastes.

Reactions: Strangedream

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Not bad ! Easy for the eyes. I am now on Big Sur on the iMac for test purposes, and the clear theming is hard for the eyes one hour later from start working with it. The Mojave/Catalina theming is more pleasant for my tastes.
I thought at first too that "reduced transparency" mode looked better. However on light mode and with proper text smoothing I've grown to like it and personally it isn't hard for my eyes at all.

blicked

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2018
That actually looks great. Is that just light mode with reduced transparency, or did you need to do other things?

Reactions: Strangedream

blicked

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2018
Looks like it’s just reduce transparency and increase contrast in the Accessibility settings, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.