Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
Been using OS 11.0 for since yesterday on my NcMP 7,1 and fine so far. Everything I use working, except I can not find an eject key for a CD drive. My post from Mac Pro forum:

I don't use a Mac KB so no eject key. Prior to Catalina the F12 key acted as the eject key. That ended in Mojave. However the eject key remained in the "Menu Bar". With Big Sur that option still appears in "CDs & DVDs" but the eject button does not appear in the "Menu Bar". I use an external CD/DVD player/recorder with my 7,1 NcMP. Anybody have a solution?

So far, seems a bit snappier then Catalina. I like the new icons. I don't like how things are now spread out in the top Menu Bar. Also, when I boot back into Catalina, the Big Sur boot disk appears on the Desk Top with a different name and the folders don't coincide with what the folders really are❓❓❓

Also, for whatever reason, the "Show Status" bar on disks with an OS don't show the free space. On disks without an OS they do❓❓❓

Lou

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.