Big Thanks to Charlotte Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigred7078, Feb 14, 2011.

1. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Earlier today I had an unfortunate accident when I opened my car door and it hit my other hand that was holding my iPhone 4. With a little imagination I assume you could see the end result of a smashed corner. I went to the apple store later in the day to see a Genius. I told him how it happened and asked how much it would be for a repair. Well with no questions asked he went and got me a new phone at no charge :) For that I am very appreciative since it was totally my own fault and I thought I would share my simple story. Thanks Apple.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. bigred7078 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

I knew that would happen, but didn't really care :p

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

haha I know the people at the Apple store in Raleigh or Durham wouldn't be that kind! Good for you.

5. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

I would beg to differ.
    I have never had any issues with either of
    those stores.

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

What days do you go and who did you speak to? I had an issue with my brand new MBP that was hardware based and I had to speak to a manager before he would agree that the computer needed to be replaced. I guess its just the luck of the draw depending on who you talk to.

7. iFitz macrumors regular

Very cool! Apple CS have always been amazing. Back in 2009 a few weeks after I got my 3Gs, I dropped it in a Starbucks on a tile floor and shattered the screen. I took it to the Apple store fully expecting to have to buy a new one, and the genius came out with a brand new phone for me as well. I was in total shock, and he told me it was a one time exchange and he was doing it because I was honest about how it happened and didn't try to make up some story. He did, however, make me buy a case. LOL. I bought a case and have used one ever since.

8. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

The Charlotte Apple Store is pretty great. Years ago, right about the time the Core 2's were released, I bought a new Macbook. I went through 2-3 that had horrible screen flickering issues. On the third, I took it back and just asked for a refund.

When the manager came over to process the refund, he asked why I was returning it. I explained, and he said that he didn't like to see a customer leave the store unsatisfied because of a product issue. He offered to upgrade me to a Macbook Pro (which had just been refreshed) at no charge. I was blown away. At the time, the entry level Macbook Pro was still $1999 I believe, so this was quite a significant upgrade. I was blown away.