BIG thumbs up to Apple customer service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Jun 24, 2011.

1. AndrewR23, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011

AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Just wanted to share my story.

So far I've had terrible awful luck with iPhone 4 replacements (Launch day speaker broke)

Went through 2 yellow tinted screens until I find a nice one which the glass became loose. Had 2 more yellow tinted screens when I phoned up Applecare and they shipped me a brand new one in retail box.

The brand new one was lightyears better than the replacements with a nice white screen. Then I pressed the home button in and it never came back up. Had to replace with another yellow tint.

Phoned up Applecare and my senior advisor (If anyone wants him email/name) I HIGHLY suggest him and he did say I could reference him. He set up another brand new replacement. Received this one on Wednesday and the wake/sleep button is smashed in. You cannot press it. Applecare is shipping me another brand new one.

Applecare said the yellow tint is a huge issue they all know of and replace on the spot now.

But wow by far the greatest customer service by far I have ever encountered. Which is why I will always stick with Apple.

2. LinksAwakener macrumors regular

I can't believe your bad luck! :eek:

I'm glad they're taking care of you, though. I know a store like Best Buy or whomever would just return your phone and send you on your way and call THAT customer service. Yuck.

EDIT: PM me contact details of this person--my fiancee is having trouble with her 3GS.

3. truciet macrumors 6502

jeez that's a lot of replacements...and now they're sending new replacements for new replacements...holy cow tons of refurbs coming lol

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Thats one of the best perks to go with an iPhone over an Android device... great in person customer service.

5. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

The replacements I receive via Applecare are brand new sealed in the retail box.

6. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

That's good to hear. Is there not an Apple Store where you live? I've had a great customer experience as well. I've had my iPhone 4 replaced about 6ish times. From a blurry camera to my 30-pin doc connected not picking up my sync cable to my home button not registering when I press it. One of the reasons why I choose apple products over anyother.

Anyways back to you. If you live near a apple store you can tell the rep on the phone that and pick up your iPhone's replacement there on the spot instead of waiting for your replacement in the mail. [: