BIG TROUBLE= iphone 3g 3.1.2 jailbreak + xcode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by deadkennedy, Jul 28, 2010.

1. deadkennedy macrumors 6502

Apparently I can't develop an app in xcode for 3.1.2 and my iphone 3g is jailbroken and frankly I don't know how to upgrade now to newer version AND keep it jailbroken.

XCode won't give me the option to publish to 3.1.2 only higher versions.

The reason I've jalibroken it is because I was moving from one continent to another, hence needed the phone unlocked and my telco where I purchased it won't let me do it as I didn't have the device for a year with them. Very selfish but that's the case. I'm not interested in hackery or cracked free apps at all.

Now, I can buy a new device but:

1. Buy a used 3gs unlocked and not jailbreak it. I don't want to do that as I have to then transfer/backup everything I have on the device and do something with the old one. I'd keep the old one for testing but then I'm back at original problem.

2. Buy new iPhone 4 and use that for development. I don't want this as I expect they'll fix the antenna issue in the next releases. Also, I will be moving again, and can't make a 24 month contract with the telco in the current country.

3. Somehow make my 3G to be upgraded to 3.1.3 or higher AND keep the jailbreak, but not 4.x as I read there are many issues with it. Is there a way to do that?

4. It is out of the question that I upgrade and lose jailbreak as then I can't use any other sims. Or could I?

What would you suggest doing in this case? I know it's a tricky one but I have my first app ready for publishing and I'm dying to see it in action.

Thanks

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

The easiest option in that case would be to download the 3.1.3 firmware from here and update to that. It's jailbreakable with redsn0w and unlockable with ultrasn0w.

3. deadkennedy thread starter macrumors 6502

Seems like you know what you're talking about. I saw the 3.1.3 download on that site but apart from downloading a file I frankly don't have a clue what to do next. Is there a step by step guide how to do it that is proven to work?

4. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

First off do you still have the original sim so you can reactivate your phone? If so, restore to the 3.1.3 firmware by holding command and clicking restore and choosing the firmware file you downloaded. After that you follow this tutorial to jailbreak your phone then this tutorial to unlock it.

5. deadkennedy thread starter macrumors 6502

6. deadkennedy thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I ran out of options, anyone has a clue what to do if I DON'T have the original sim?