Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brent0saurus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
So my brother just got the newest white macbook and i was playing around with it, surfing the internet in safari, and then when i closed out of the window, there was this huge blank square. I think it's the same size of the safari window i had open, so maybe safari created it?
I tried quitting everything, relaunching the finder, and changing the wallpaper with no luck, so i shut down and that worked. also, right before it shuts down when the icons disappear on your desktop, the white box went away too.

anyway, has anyone else experienced this???

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    516.1 KB · Views: 2,561

brent0saurus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Thats weird.... I used to get that in Windows alot.

haha oh no!!! apple gave me a windows machine and i didn't even notice! i was just so overtaken by the beautiful outside case!

but maybe how it happened in windows could apply to this? i mean i've been using macs for a long time and have NEVER seen this. i hope my brother didn't get a lemon :(

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
So my brother just got the newest white macbook and i was playing around with it, surfing the internet in safari, and then when i closed out of the window, there was this huge blank square. I think it's the same size of the safari window i had open, so maybe safari created it?
I tried quitting everything, relaunching the finder, and changing the wallpaper with no luck, so i shut down and that worked. also, right before it shuts down when the icons disappear on your desktop, the white box went away too.

anyway, has anyone else experienced this???

Its a bug in iTunes. Quit iTunes and it'll go away.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
WTF?
What happened with the "It just works"?
I'm leaving the windows world because I cant' stand the Cntl+Alt+Del combo anymore. I don't want my mac to have a constant equivalent:mad:

How many other threads have you seen about this?
I don't think this happens very often. Hasn't happened once to me.

H$R

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
Switzerland
I've never seen that until now. But sometimes in Exposé I have a little white square, just a few pixels. It is related with iTunes as it seems.

Richard1028

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2009
WTF?
What happened with the "It just works"?
I'm leaving the windows world because I cant' stand the Cntl+Alt+Del combo anymore. I don't want my mac to have a constant equivalent:mad:
Dude, regardless of the OS it's still possible to code crappy applications chock full of bugs. :D

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I get that square a lot when I'm opening iTunes, not closing it. I'll click on the icon in the dock and the white square appears for a few seconds, and then is replaced by the iTunes window. Kind of a pain. :(

brent0saurus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
thanks everyone! if it happens again, it'll be nice knowing that i can just quit itunes instead of having to restart.

thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.