Bigger Better Longer-lasting Battery? Can I get one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by faciem, Aug 31, 2009.

1. faciem macrumors newbie

faciem

I have a Early 2008 MBP. Was wondering if there are aftermarket batteries that last longer than 4hrs? Would love to buy one....

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It would require making the batteries bigger and there is no way it would fit in the computer.

You can however consider a HyperMac external battery.

3. faciem thread starter macrumors newbie

faciem

4. bflowers macrumors 6502a

there are other batteries out there. I don't know specifically for your MB, but I did buy new 3rd party batteries for my old Pismo and for my current iBook G4. The down side for the current battery, is that my iBook does not recognize the full capacity of the battery (about 95% of full, although still higher overall than my original) and that it does not properly trigger the auto sleep function when power falls to critical levels. Rather it will just run until it dies. However, I have about 530 cycles on it and am only down to about 65% capacity. My original battery died well before 400, with a steep curve to it's degrading capacity.

As I am not at my iBook right now, I can't tell you the brand, but if you send me a PM, reminding me to look, I'll get back to you. Otherwise I may forget to look for your thread again.