Bigger capacity iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by logan.ridgway, Mar 9, 2009.

1. logan.ridgway macrumors newbie

I want a new iPod and the touch looks really cool but I have my 80gb classic and it is already getting full so the 32gb isn't big enought? Are any touch's coming out with like 80gb+ storage space coming out?

2. da151 macrumors newbie

IMO either Apple is going to update the touch within the next month, or wait until September. My guess is that they will release a 64 gig in Sept.

I am torn on whether I should buy one myself. I'm going to try to hold out until early April then finally pull the trigger.

3. syclick macrumors regular

There are several threads on this subject already, but yeah... what da said.

And 64GB is almost certainly going to be the next capacity upgrade. Doing anything more than that would be prohibitively expensive (well, more than the iPod Touch is already).

4. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Is there any chance of getting the 64gb chip into the upcoming iPhone?

I know they don't usually do it that way, but I'm wondering if anyone knows about the chip and if it might work...

5. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

it wont be a 64 gig chip. itll be two 32 gig chips

6. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Ah! That would likely kill the chance of having it in an iPhone since it'll take up too much space...

7. syclick macrumors regular

I am pretty much on the same page as da... I won't be waiting until Fall to get a Touch. I'll make do with a 32GB if a 64GB is not released this month.

Even then, the price would probably be what the Touch 1G 32GB models were selling for ($499), and that is a bit too expensive at this point. I'd rather buy a 32GB Touch now and sell when 64GB Touch prices fall.

8. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

9. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

I recently migrated from an 80 GB classic. My library is just north of 50 GB so naturally I was looking for a 64 GB model. But I went ahead and bought a 32 and moved over to smart playlists and I've been more than happy.

Let me tell you, these iPod Touch things can prove to be very useful. I'm a pre-med student and I'm majoring in Health Promotion and Biology simultaneously, there are tons of apps that have been useful for my courses, and the Keynote presenter app (for those of us running Macs computer systems and iWork 09) is so cool when you need to give a powerpoint style presentation. I can't say enough about these little things.

Just set up a few 3 or 4 GB smart playlists to cover your musical tastes, set them up to choose high-rated songs more often, or even select by playcount, and they'll refresh themselves each time you sync your iPod. You've got the next best thing to having your full library with you at all times that way, and I've never been caught without a song when I wanted to listen to it this way.

SLC