iPad Bigger iPad: iPad Pro or iPad Plus ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ahhz, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Ahhz macrumors newbie

Ahhz

Just a simple question requiring simple responses. What will Apple call the new bigger iPad: the "iPad Pro" or the "iPad Plus" and why?

Been seeing lots of both on the web and, IMO..

iPad Pro: With "Pro" being used in their vaunted Mac line of computers, would they want to cheapen/lessen the top Mac moniker by also using it on the much more feeble iPads? I think "Pro" will be used only if the processor, storage, screen, ram, etc are increased quite a bit. As well as the OS (perhaps iOS/OS XY hybrid).

iPad Plus: With "Plus" being used on their latest flagship mobile phone, it may make sense to continue using it with their biggest badasseryness mobile tablet. I think "Plus" will surely be used if only the screen size is increased with just a small hardware spec bump. "Plus" also may be used even with a huge spec bump because Microsoft added "Pro" to their flagship Surface tablet first.

I was going to post a poll but didn't see that option.

So which moniker sounds better? What do you think Apple will go with?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If they do it and use one of those two names it will be iPad plus to go along with the iPhone naming scheme.

3. badmojo69 macrumors member

The Max-iPad! I'm all over that...see what I did there. :D

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

But they're already in the Mac naming scheme, that is iPad Air from MacBook Air, iPad Mini from Mac Mini. It's mixed but from the computer line.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I guess you do have a point, I still don't see them going with iPad pro though.

6. cababah macrumors 68000

I do...they need the iPad to be inching closer to the MacBook and away from the iPhone.

7. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

If the only difference is the screen size and pixel density, then...

IPad Air 2 Plus

8. makotoisle macrumors 6502

This is what I think, too.

9. Caseynd macrumors regular

Caseynd

10. srshaw macrumors 6502

If its just bigger, then ipad air plus.

If (as I hope) a bigger ipad is more of an ipad/mac hybrid, then perhaps an ipad pro.

11. Ahhz thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhz

12. Nozuka, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

Nozuka macrumors 68000

doesnt look like the thought ahead with the naming scheme, so i guess they could go with anything. but i'm sure they'll choose something that will make it sound like something better.

also they talk about stereo speakers. wouldn't it be nice if it had speakers on all 4 sides and when the screen turns it just changes the speakers with it? that way it doesnt matter how you hold it, left is always left and right is always right. or i guess for gaming it could even provide some surround feel with all speakers active.

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The name won't mean anything. The big one is called the Air depite it being heavier than the Mini.

14. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Plus if it's just bigger.

Pro if it ads new features like precision pen, split screen multitasking, etc. which is what they really need to catch up with the competition.

15. Ahhz thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhz