Bigger iPhone/iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Z8beema, Jan 15, 2014.

?

Would you prefer a Bigger iphone/ipad

1. Bigger Ipad

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Bigger Iphone

44 vote(s)
    62.9%
  3. Both

10 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Neither

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Z8beema macrumors 6502

Z8beema

Would you rather have a bigger ipad than the air?

would you rather have a bigger iphone then the 5s?

2. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Bigger iPhone for sure. Can't wait, it's gonna be sick if it becomes a reality.

3. cynics macrumors G4

Bigger iPad? Never really thought about it, I think the size is fine. Don't really see a point of any larger.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I can't remember what phone it was that I saw but it was huge. It looked like it could have been the size of an iPad mini. The user looked silly holding it to their ear. You definitely would need an earpiece. I think the iPhone is a nice size, why go bigger. That to me is just stupid. That's why you have the iPad air and mini.

5. cynics macrumors G4

You're saying it's stupid to carry around a medium size phone. So your solution is to carry around a small phone AND a large tablet?

I'm probably misunderstanding because your way seem like a huge pita for merely wanting a slightly larger screen.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

There is no logic in the iPhone getting bigger. If you need something bigger than get an iPad. Clearly you're not looking to use a phone if you want something bigger. Its just silly to go backwards. First the phones were too big, then the Razr came out and it was nice and fine… Fast forward and the Razr screen was too small. NP lets go 3in screen, then 4in then ?? To me I just see the need now when you have an iPad, Kindle, etc.

7. Kiezpirat80 macrumors 6502

Kiezpirat80

iPad Air has the right size. A bigger iPhone with 4.3-4.7 inch would be nice.

8. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

There are many good reasons for a bigger iPhone. Typing would become easier with the larger keyboard. More space for text = less scrolling. Plus the added bonus of seeing videos and such on a larger screen.

Yeah I can use an iPad for that but some people like to have a bigger iPhone that can add to somewhat of a tablet.

I have small hands and my fingers wrap on the iPhone 5 very easily. If the iPhone gets a little larger I would think it would be a perfect fit for most people.

I'm sure that the iPhone 6 or whatever it will be called will be a big seller on it's new design and bigger screen size.

9. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

I love the size of the air... No chance of me getting one with a larger screen

----------

I used an Optimus g pro for about a week between the 4s and 5. I hated every minute of use. First of all I hate the android operating system mostly due to its lack of stability but what made it worse was you had to use 2 hands to use the phone. It didn't fit in my pocket without having a huge bulge (lol) and when you made a phone call you looked absolutely ridiculous. Unfortunately the way phones are trending, a bigger iphone seems immanent

10. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I think a 4.5-4.7" screen iPhone would be perfect.

I don't see any reason why Apple would stop selling the 4" sized models, so why is it a big deal if they offer a larger model?

11. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

I'm all for a larger screen option.... If they kept the 4 inch screen

12. t76turbo macrumors regular

Both for me.

I want a bigger ipad since I use it for almost exclusively couch surfing the internet. I dont need ultra portable.

And a moderately larger iphone would be great. I am 6'6" and have larger hands of course. It would feel more natural of it were in the 5inch diag size range.

13. LV426 macrumors 6502a

No. My phone fits neatly into my shirt pocket. It's just the right size as it is.

If the iPad got much bigger, it would be rivalling my laptop. So no thanks.

14. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

A co-worker has a Moto-X and due to the very slim bezel, it really doesn't feel that much larger in my hand than the 5s. It's actually a pretty nice phone.

15. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

I'd would have to physically hold it in my hand but looking at the dimensions, there pretty close.

Iphone 5s = 4.87x2.31x.30

X= 5.09x2.57x.41

You may have just made me a believer

16. cynics macrumors G4

It's true there is no logic in the iPhone getting bigger.

But we are talking screen size not device size. The iPhone has pretty much the largest bezel ratio (screen size to bezel size) of any smartphone. If other manufacturers can do it then surely Apple can?

Your idea of carrying around another device is a band aid not a solution so the "logic" in it is weak at best.

Are you saying it's easier to carry around a device with a 4" screen AND a device with an 8" screen rather then a single device with a 4.3-4.7" screen?

People jump right to the Note series of devices when someone mentions a larger screen. That's not the case. For example the Razr M it's an older Android device but that's besides the point, it's similar in dimensions as the iPhone 5 however it has a 4.3" screen. That's what I'm looking for in Apple.

17. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

Your looking for .3 inches more screen? That's not even worth producing

18. cynics macrumors G4

That was an example of showing how a device with similar dimensions could have a bigger screen. Apple could probably do better.

Besides what's the cut off? .4 worth producing? .5 was obviously worth it (iPhone 4S > 5).

On top of that I'm using an iPhone 4S so for me that would be a .8 screen size bump if they did go with 4.3.

In reality though I'd like to see 4.5" screened iPhone but that's just my opinion and I realize others will vary.

19. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

I will say that the jump from 4s to 5 screen wise was pathetic but I will also say I love the size of the 5. If/when the up the screen size again I hope they don't make the size of the phone bigger if possible

20. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I would like to see both and I am sure we will.

Apple will be giving us a choice, buy the larger iPhone 6 or stay with the 5s!

Still want an iPad Pro with 13-15" screen:p

Choice is good.:apple:

21. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I'd like to see a bigger iPhone, 4.7"-5" would be ideal. I love the size of the Nexus 5, I feel like that's the right size.

As far as a bigger iPad no need for me. The mini is the right size for me, but I respect the fact that others may need/want a bigger iPad.

22. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

i think a 4.3-4.6 inch iphone would be perfect.
    I love the size of my ipad mini because it is so small but big at the same time and is really portable. The normal ipad is probably as big as you can get and still be able to all it portable but i do think a large ipad could be useful.

23. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

4 inches screen size is good. I enjoyed watching YouTube video with 4 inches screen. :apple:

24. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I like the current iPhone 5C because my hands and small and the phone itself isn't that large. When I used to get someone's cell phone, way back when it was all about trakphones) those things were enormous and I had to hold it in a certain way to make sure I had a good grasp of it, now with my iPhone I can easily hold it with my fingers and thumb. :)

25. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

A bigger iphone would be nice. I do like the current size. If they stretched the screen to the edges i think it would be nice