Bigger risk?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zoomvroom89, Aug 31, 2008.

  1. zoomvroom89 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2008
    #1
    I'm thinking of buying a MacBook Pro. I know that new ones are just around the corner. I kinda need one now, but I can also make do with what I have for about another month. But after doing some more reading on these forums, it seems as if though apple's rev a products are pretty faulty.

    So here's my question - is it a bigger risk to buy the current mbp's with the faulty nvidia cards or the rev a versions which will most likely have some bugs?

    Thanks
     
  2. gazfocus macrumors 68000

    gazfocus

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #2
    My take on this is that if you can wait (which it seems you can), you'd be better waiting until the predicted anouncements on 9th//16th September.

    Either way, if you end up with either a faulty graphics chip or a faulty rev a product, Apple will repair/replace it under the warranty so no worries there.
     
  3. zoomvroom89 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2008
    #3
    gazfocus, I've heard that if the card malfunctions after the one year warranty is up, they won't replace it.
     
  4. zoomvroom89 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2008
  5. NintendoChick macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    #5
    That's what applecare is for :p

    In terms of "risk", it's really determined by you. What do you feel more comfortable with if your Mbp breaks?
     
  6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    The Far Horizon
    #6
    Agree completely. With a new machine, you get a one year warranty, and at any time during that year you can buy Applecare, which will give you protection for a further two years. So, if you have a warranty/Applecare, you are covered for up to three years if anything goes wrong.

    Cheers
     

Share This Page