Bigger screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mltaylor, Jun 2, 2011.

1. mltaylor macrumors regular

After using the Samsung Galaxy S II, I really hope Apple decides to make a bigger screen. The Galaxy S II is so much lighter and thinner than the iPhone 4 (partly because it is plastic and not two somewhat thick pieces of glass) and it is all screen on the front.

The only device that I would drop the iPhone 4 with.

2. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Personally I find my SGS2 screen a little bit too big. It's stunning for video, yes, but 4" would be a better and more practical size.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I went to the Att store and compared the iPhone 4 screen to the Samsung Infuse (which has the same SAMOLED+ as the sgs2). Moral of the story is that I was happier with the iPhone 4 screen in both sharpness and text rendering as well as the ability to be read with lights shining on both screens the iPhone won.

4. mltaylor thread starter macrumors regular

It took me a couple days to get used to it for sure. I wasn't used to a screen or phone that big so that was awkward at first. Also, the plastic was a little slippery at first. After adjusting those two things though it is nice.

5. mltaylor thread starter macrumors regular

Infuse is 4.5 and the Galaxy S II is 4.3

6. ap3604, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

Also want to add that last year the UK version of the galaxy s phone was nice but the united states carriers absolutely BUTCHERED it (captivate, fascinate ugh) so unless someone in the United States has over $800 to blow on a "pure" UK version then when the galaxy s II comes to the states it's going to be butchered again by the carriers.

That's the nice thing about Apple products: no carrier controlling which hardware you can and cannot have like you have with Android phones.

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Apple shouldn't go bigger than 4 inches and still manage at least 326ppi

8. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed. I'm hoping the next iPhone's screen is between 3.7" to 4", any phone with a bigger screen is confused between a tablet and a phone. That includes the Galaxy S2, the screen is nice (SAMOLED+) but it's too big

9. mltaylor thread starter macrumors regular

I do agree with this.

If they could bring the Galaxy S II over the way it is without putting all that carrier bloatware and all that junk then it has a chance of being a hit over here. Otherwise it will just be junk like the Captivate and all those were to me.

10. TheXFactor macrumors regular

If you're on vzw, the only Galaxy phone is the Fascinate. Nice screen, the rest, not so much. As a matter of fact, sold the Fascinate to get the iPhone 4.

11. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

I agree on the 4", but I can't see them going to all the trouble for a 3.7".