Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Do you guys see this an issue? sometimes when i type it does get in the way of my mid 2015 rMBP. With the bigger track pad i see this happening more often.

If there are any current lucky users to use the new MBP, is it an issue when typing? Because it will effect individuals that will use this for work that have to type a lot Programming, Data Entry, Emails, etc etc etc.

Wireless is the future I get that, but how easy it is as a professional to connect via ethernet? You can't expect all clients to have an AC router and log in and all that, as a someone in the IT business i feel like they could of eased the loss of ports if they included some type of useful adapter.

The HDMI and USB ports were the biggest protruding ports that prevented it from being thinner, but i feel like they could of added atleast ONE thunderbolt 2 port to this device to make an easier transition. Looking at my current macbook i think it could of fit.

And also, what if they just added a 17" and made a certain # of 17" MBP to see the market. My father is also a developer and as he gets older his eyes gets worst, a 17" MBP would allow him to have use a bigger scale at the same time taking advantage of the extra real estate.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
How is it in the way? It's just a mm drop into the pad you can feel, but I think resting a palm on it isn't an issue these days anymore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.