biggest gripe with apple watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by slenpree, Feb 9, 2015.

1. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

When the apple watch was first announced there was no mention of battery life - and i'm sure I wasn't the only one who was really hopeful that behind the scenes they were working on bringing the battery life from say 3-4 days to a week. Shortly after, the battery life was disapointingly rumoured, and since confirmed by tim cook in an interview, to be a day. Recently a few more leaks have surfaced which mention a possible 19 hours without doing any activities like running using the fitness app, this would be more like <7 hours.

Firstly, apple have really stretched the meaning of the word "day". And secondly, for someone who spends a lot of time travelling, the last thing they'd want to do is carry yet one more proprietary connector around. Personally I still struggle to get a day out the iPhone 6 when using all the things it was intended for. Having two devices going flat before the end of a "day" might just make me begin to hate technology. Why oh why didn't they put a secondary power source on the Apple Watch? or are we in for a surprise on the final announcement?

Jonathan

2. chabig macrumors 68040

It's not released yet. Hold onto your horses, grasshopper. You're making a lot of assumptions.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

You might want to wait for the second generation, if your a heavy user, I can't see you getting a day out of it, especially if u use it for excercise

4. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 6502a

If the rumours are true, then I fully agree. But for now rumours are just that, I can't get excited nor disappointed about rumours.

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

6. NewtypeCJ macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

If they have an event in March for the Watch I hope they clearly spell things out. No vague statements like "lasts you all day" - they are going to have to get specific if they want to outrun these rumors that've taken hold.