Biggest iPhone Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cyroceon, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I know you guys always talk about lack of features, broken features, and slow backups. However, let me tell you what my #1 pet peeve is. I HATE the fact that iTunes doesn't block you calls, or at least give you the option, during backups/syncing. When I get a call during sync, I get so pissed off. Now, I call my girlfriend and family and tell them NOT to call me for 30 minutes or whatever. That is annoying because sometimes when I have to sync after, it takes longer than normal for some odd reason. I wish it either blocked calls, or even better, just gave the option to block calls. Thanks for listening.

2. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

3. ballen420 macrumors 6502

Add in blocking text messages. I had to do a full restore once because I got a text message in the middle of a sync and my phone froze up.

4. ballen420 macrumors 6502

Schmart thinking.

5. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

does turning on airplane mode also stop SMS messages from coming thru?

6. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

If it does, then this man is a genius. I will be doing this from now on. Good thinking.

7. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

airplane mode shuts off all types of intereaction with the outside world. no texts no calls, no emaiil, no internet, no wifi. pretty much just whatever non signal based applications you can use.

8. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

Yes.. >.> Turns off all antennas. Essentially makes it into an iPod Touch (although it also turns off wifi, but you can turn on airplane mode, and then turn on wifi, and use just the wifi...so you wouldn't receive calls but you could browse the internet.)

9. rogers106 macrumors member

Yes, I can confirm that it does block text messages, etc. It shuts off the cell network (no voice, data, etc.) so that you can use it as simply an iPod, etc... "offline."

For what its worth, you can also activate Airplane Mode to shut off the cell network and turn ON the Wifi so that you have a wifi iPod. I do this when I'm at the gym so I can listen to Pandora radio, etc. over the wifi.

10. rogers106 macrumors member

...looks like Rob beat me to it by about a minute!

11. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

Eh, lets call it even- you applied your example to everyday life! :eek:

12. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

In this case, thank you very much. This is a great fix, although not perfect, it is very good.

13. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

No problem. I'm not sure why it's not perfect as it does what you wanted. I use it all the time though and not just for updating, hehe. :)

(sometimes women are annoying)

14. DigMe macrumors 6502

Now that's what I call a failed rant. :D

bc