Other Biggest leap since 6s/+ to you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Jul 22, 2019.

?

so

1. to 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. to 7+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. to 8

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. to 8+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. to X

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. to Xr

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. to Xs

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  8. to Xs max

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

curious so poll time

to clarify, not necessarily the direct path from 6s/+ to the next phone, but just talking about moving to a model that existed after those phones, from some other device

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

If not because of the water damage, my iPhone 6s Plus would still hold strong. Feels bad.

On the other hand, A12 is a beast.

3. Thai Suspended

Thai

To be honest.....the last big jump was 5s. Not until Xs/max was there a significant jump.

5s to Xs. I had 7+ and X along the way. Neither was enough to make me feel that it was a huge jump from my old 5s. Xs made me grin from ear to ear.

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

That’s interesting since you had x and 7+

What made xs that much better for
    You vs x ?

I’m loving my xr battery life

5. Thai Suspended

Thai

Camera and processing power were HUGE jump from 4/4s/5 to 5s. Look at 5s presentation in 2013 and you see much of what you see today...camera processing prowess was class-leading and of course, A7 chip was amazing.

7+ was OK...to be honest, did not see much difference in camera quality b/w 5s and 7+...of course, other than the 2x zoom lens and Portrait mode. But in terms of day to day picture quality, 7+ was not much of an improvement over 5s. And X camera was a disappointment over 7+.......slightly more colorful due to new filter but in terms of resolution and details, not much better.

For me, the XS / Max is a big leap to the same degree as the 5s was. Camera took a huge leap. Processing power (esp GPU) is just amazing...60 FPS in gaming is a breakthru IMHO.