Biggest "New" Snow Leopard feature for me...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Casiotone, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Casiotone macrumors 6502a

Casiotone

I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere in one of the SL thread, but to me it's such a big feature that it deserves its own thread...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/refinements/enhancements-refinements.html

The thing that's sad about it, is that it's essentially a bunch of features that were in Tiger's Spotlight, but for some reason were cut from 10.5.

In Leopard you were stuck with 3 default columns for results that you couldn't change, and these columns mostly less than useful (name, last opened and kind). Furthermore, Leopard didn't remember any changes you made to the order or size of the columns.

Leopard did bring some nice enhancements to Spotlight (boolean operators, dramatically increased speed) but the fact that the results were presented in such an unflexible way made me use it a lot less. Thank god Apple brought these back in SL.

2. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I wasn't too thrilled by Dock Expose. I mean I do all that fancy stuff with the thumb buttons on my mouse.

I think drill-down in Stacks was one of my favourite. I hated when it launched a Finder window and it was the wrong folder.

Also multi-page icon preview is cool as beans.

3. Matek macrumors 6502a

Dock Expose or whatever the feature where you click on an app in the dock and you get a preview of all the windows of the app is very much like Aero Peek, which I became very fond of lately, so thumbs up.

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Speed and reliability. The flashy features are just extras on top of that.

5. Chris Grande macrumors regular

Chris Grande

The other thing thats nice about Dock Expose is it also shows you windows that are minimized. They appear smaller and underneath the other windows.

6. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

sweet man

7. Simmerl macrumors member

It would be neat if Exposé worked with Safari's tabs, too.
    Then I might even use them.

For me, one of the best features besides the new Exposé and the obvious speed and size adjustments is the "more consistent click-through behvaior" they've been promising in the keynote (though it's nowhere to find on the website).

The unpredictability of OSX's click-through has always been bugging me.