Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x86

macrumors regular
May 25, 2006
Dearborn, MI
I have a couple more things to add.

I remember my Mom being totally confused when she saw that there was no right mouse button on my PowerBook. I told her to hold ctrl and then click. When she asked why, I really couldn't give her a good explaination...

Also, anyone ever have to explain what a disk image and virtual drive is to a total beginner. That can be a pain...

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
dogbone said:
Holy crud, I seriously need to just link that from the top of every page on my forum, and maybe make viewing it a prerequisite to signing up.

If whoever did that didn't copyright restrict it, there should be an option in every foum software package to force viewing of the full animation before signup can be complete. Hey, it'd probably filter out some bots, too!

In answer to the original question, #1 is almost certainly not grasping that all you have to do to install or delete most programs is to drag them into or out of the Applications folder. They just can't believe it's that simple.

#2 is probably closing all windows without quitting the app, but then that's not exactly a problem if they don't use a bunch of stuff--most "one window" apps auto-quit now anyway, and the ones that don't like web browsers are better left open anyway since they spawn a new window when clicked on.

wxboss

macrumors member
May 13, 2006
Jax, FL
dogbone said:
It may indeed be a good point but it was meant to be an ironic answer to post #21 :)
I'm a 8 bit processor living in a 64 bit world :) .

Sometimes subtleties are lost on me :eek: .

dogbone

macrumors 68020
wxboss said:
I'm a 8 bit processor living in a 64 bit world :) .

Sometimes subtleties are lost on me :eek: .

I really should have quoted the post but for some reason this forum has an uncanny ability to bring out my most mischievious nature. I've already had someone pm-ing me about what my 'banned' avatar contained.

Compatiblepoker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Jacksonville Beach
x86 said:
I have a couple more things to add.

I remember my Mom being totally confused when she saw that there was no right mouse button on my PowerBook. I told her to hold ctrl and then click. When she asked why, I really couldn't give her a good explaination...

Also, anyone ever have to explain what a disk image and virtual drive is to a total beginner. That can be a pain...

I forgot about that one. The right click is a huge problem for new users including myself when I first began. That and just not understanding that some things are only Windows compatible boggled me for awhile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.