Biggest warranty parts replacement without whole new machine?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Stuart in Oz, May 30, 2009.

1. Stuart in Oz macrumors 6502

What's the biggest warranty repair anyone has had done without the whole machine being replace?

The Apple Store Sydney took my 24" iMac (early 2008) after a fan-failure overheating incident and they replaced the:

Main Logic Board
    LCD Panel
    DVD Drive
    USB Controller
    Right Speaker
    2 Fans

I wondered why they didn't just replace the whole machine given how many major parts needed replacing. (Not that I mind - I really like my machine).

Can anyone top this?

2. applecultvictim macrumors 6502a

lol, i d be funny if the called you up and said, oh can you just bring it back for a couple of days we forgot to replace the casing!!!:D

3. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Since it's not the current gen, they probably didn't have any full computers in stock to just give you.

When I bought my 09 mac mini, the hard drive died within a few days and they just handed me a brand new one because it was stock and they had them there.

4. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Aside from the case, one speaker and the hard disk that IS the whole machine, isn't it? lol

I had the LCD panel replaced once on my 24" mid-2007 iMac. That is the single most expensive component in the machine with the logic board a close second I think.

Is everything working well for you now? I hope so.

5. greedyhands macrumors member

My 24" 2.16GHz white iMac has had the following replaced:
    LCD
    Superdrive
    Logic Board
    Video Card
    Mighty Mouse (twice)

I am trying to find something else wrong with it so I can take it back one more time before October. I really just want an Aluminum replacement.