Bigtime Problem RMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maxorific1, Jul 22, 2012.

1. maxorific1 macrumors newbie

OK so I just installed this latest macbook pro update on my macbook pro retina and whenever I close the lid now it doesn't sleep the computer and all that shows is a black screen with a cursor... really not pleased with this serious glitch. Anyone having a similar issue?? About to schedule a genius bar appt.:mad:

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I don't have a Mac near me but did you check the system preference making sure the sleep didn't get reset?

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

How do you know it shows a black screen with a cursor if you are closing the lid?

More information about the actual steps you're preforming would be nice...

4. maxorific1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its when I open the lid that I notice it. I've done a normal sleep (lid open) and it does the same thing. Black screen with cursor and I can't press anything, or have any interaction with the computer aside from moving the cursor.

5. sireShonBohn macrumors regular

Sleep works for me but I did notice another glitch shortly after the update. I was using my computer as I was before the update, and when I tried to open a new Safari window Safari started glitching out. Nothing could stop it save for CMD+Q which Quit the app without issue and nothing weird has happened since.

6. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

Have the same sleep issue. Close lid apple logo stay lit. Open lid to check why and black screen with cursor present. Doesn't do it every time and eventually will sleep

7. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I would reset the smc, and if that does not help, then take it in to Apple.

8. maxorific1 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. maxorific1 thread starter macrumors newbie