Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carduser22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
When I first heard about the Zune not being supported on Vista, I had a NICE, LONG LAUGH! This has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I heard once Microsoft should have waited to deliver a secure, complete product instead of rushing Windows 3.1 into market, but if they had done that, the product would have been introduced months or even years after when it originally was. I guess Microsoft had to maintain their monopoly so they had to rush the Zune to market to try to “kill” the iPod. It doesn’t even work with all their software offerings! (only works with XP and Media Center, not Vista?)

As for the wi-fi thing, if the Zune doesn’t use “wi-fi” as it is defined (it only allows you to share songs between 1 person, doesn’t connect to a wireless network), why include it in the 1st place? Don’t customers just want a product that works, not something you have to figure out? Or is that Microsoft’s trademark? (Off topic: Why doesn’t iPod have Wi-Fi?)

Why Microsoft continues to sell the Xbox if they continue to lose money off every one they make I can’t figure out, but I guess they can afford it because they have tons of money to waste. Good laugh! Microsoft always knows how to shoot itself in the foot. HA, HA, HA!

Imagine this idea of Microsoft streaming ads to your Zune through a wireless network. You are walking down the street and Bill Gates knows what you are listening to. He decides that the song you are listening to is stolen because he never actually defined what your Zune is allowed to play. As you are listening to your favorite song, that you legally purchased, it is interrupted by Bill Gates blue screen of death or him coming onscreen saying “You are playing illegal content, your Zune will self-destruct in 20 seconds, step away from the Zune.” Or another possibility is that Microsoft discovers your Zune is not registered like the “Windows Genuine Advantage” feature made standard in Vista. If your Zune is not registered, it will be crippled because you did not register with the “Zune Genuine Advantage” feature, a feature that will show that you purchased the player LEGALLY! <---- this is (speculation/guessing, do not know if this will come to be [zune genuine advantage feature], don't get pissed at me)

Blue Screen of Death = End of Sanity

Sincerely,
A Happy Apple & iPod User

P.S. Why does Microsoft continue to exist? Bueller?...Bueller?...ANYONE?

farqueue

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2006
Zune not working with Vista is the most weee-tar-ded thing ive ever heard haahhahahahahahhahahah:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.