Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoVi

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2003
Re: TV time

Originally posted by k2k koos

What about the fact that Apple computer under Stee's rule is able to transform entire industries, (think imac design, translucency) ...
;)

Even today I was reminded with that fact by my kids, after I bought a 'translucent mop'..."Hey dad, it looks like an iMac" :)

add.gif

Mr.Hey

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
If you do manage to capture/incode....you might want to consider BitTorrent then go to http://www.suprnova.org/ and upload it. You'll be able to distribute the file with out taxing your server and when there is more than one user with the file you can stop sharing.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
The part I h8:

Bill gets deal with IBM to license MS-DOS which he bought off some small guy....
Nothing of his own.

Nothing has changed.
:mad:

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
Jobs is basically shown as the creative genious behind the computer revolution.

Bill Gates just copies, but is in the right place at the right time.

MillieWales

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2003
UK
I think Gates came out as rich, everywhere, but dosn't really do much! Jobs was portrayed as a real visionary, was credited with starting the computer revolution - if it wasn't for Apple, IBM would not have rushed into the PC market guns blazing. And Jobs came out the good guy, they made a lot out of the antitrust stuff.

Marc

captain kirk

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2003
UK
GATES WON!

Well according to the bbc Bill Gates is the worlds most powerful computer mogul. I guess we can't argue too much with that although as a backhanded compliment the program was edited with Final Cut Pro! The image of Wozniak on his segway was worth the license fee alone!!! At least they gave MS a pasting for it's monopolistic practices

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
John Sculley made an interesting comment about Jobs being the industries right brain and Gates the left. Whilst an over simplification it's probably true. Jobs is the innovator who spot niches before other people. Gates spots other peoples niches and steals them through brute force.

EDIT: for typo

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
What a pile of rubbish.

But they did point out the monopoly MS has, but when that guy said "Lets make Bill the Calvin Klein of software"...urgh!

You could tell this programme is for the simpletons out there...it even portrays MS and a good thing...briefly discusses how they are detrimental to the industry.

No surprise who won then?

But i was surprise they mentioned Pixar, but i knew they wouldn't discuss his other company Next but i did expect more information about the products he was selling like the original imac and the ipod.

Glad i get my history lessons from a non diluted source...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.