Bill Me Later option with online purchase + Ebay question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slumpey326, Feb 28, 2011.

1. slumpey326, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

slumpey326 macrumors 6502

anyone use this before? what is the best option if you want to buy a customized macbook pro via the apple online store but pay for it over 6-12 months?

also saw some new 13in i7s listed on ebay with some good upgrades, has anyone ever bought customized macbook pros on ebay before.

Please be honest, there are not stupid questions.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I know that Apple uses a Barclay card for financing. To be honest, I haven't tried. When I applied for it last year for my i5 15-inch, I was only approved for $250. Not quite sufficient for a laptop. However, I went to Amazon (more expensive base price than the Apple education discount, but cheaper factoring in lack of Ohio sales tax) and was approved for their 12-month financing up to $2500.

Heard of other people having similar experiences with Barclay. Also I know that the APR is ridiculous if you don't pay it off in time...more so than most store credit cards.

3. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Here is the problem with ebay "upgrades"
    Most of the MacBooks on there are not CTO models. They are base model MacBooks, with hard drives and RAM purchased from retail or online stores, and the seller probably installed it themselves.
    If you want to go that route, just buy a base MacBook Pro, and buy the upgrades yourself from newegg.com.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I think "Bill me Later" is like 18% or more.:eek: Look closely.

5. Kauai macrumors 6502a

I'm curious about something. If I were to apply for financing, where it says "how much will your purchase be worth?" and since Apple allows you to pay with two credit (or debit) cards, could I put half the cost of my MBP if I plan to pay the other half off immediately through debit but still get the 12 months no interest?