Billing address is not where I currently live...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceballl, Oct 7, 2011.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Anyone else get this issue? I live in San Francisco, but I haven't changed over my billing info up here, since I haven't yet bought a place. Billing info is still my parents' house in LA.

I was conflicted what to do... so I just ordered it anyways to my parents' house. I'm going to try and call Apple, but I'm guessing they won't let me change it... what would you do? Just wait an extra week and have my parents mail it up to me? Cancel the order and take a chance that i'll be able to get a 64GB white ATT iPhone at a SF store in the morning next Friday... or... other?

2. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

I called Apple and tried to get the shipping address changed, but they told me that they will only ship to the billing address.

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

so what did you decide? going to just get it shipped to the billing address? I'm conflicted...

4. jTreu macrumors 6502

I have the same issue since I'm at college. Tried on the phone with ATT for 1.5 hours, eventually the guy transferred me and then the next guy hung up on me (wtf?) Decided to go to the ATT store since it's only 10 minutes from me, they placed the order with a different shipping address. I would do that if you have a store near you, trying to do it online/on the phone is a nightmare.

5. 00trayn macrumors member

I'm having a bit of an issue with ordering through Verizon. I was planning on calling later this afternoon to sort it out. I had my parents address in as the billing address by default, since it's their account/family plan. But it allowed me to enter my own shipping address and my credit card info. But my parents address isn't my credit card billing address. I want to make sure that's not an issue. At least the shipping address is right... that's one thing I was worried about.

6. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

i'm having no problems, but i guess that's the plus of ordering with premiere. got a rep easy peasy. 866-499-8008

7. dschles macrumors newbie

Glad I saw this post as I also am not living at my billing address. But, it is easy to update your billing address. I just logged on to my ATT account and changed it. You might want to cancel your order, update your billing address, and place a new order.

8. Durandal549 macrumors member

I just got off the phone with apple and they changed the shipping info without a question. I had the rep change it to my work address.

I would call back and see if you can get a different rep on the phone, if not then escalate to a supervisor.

9. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Do I have to make the initial order first? I get the automated voice who asks for my order number but I haven't ordered yet. I'm a little weary against making the order and then changing my address.

10. Shadylane315 macrumors regular

I changed my profile with my new address but didn't reflect on my order page?

Anyone else have luck changing there address?

11. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I think I'm going to head over to the local Apple store and see what they tell me there. I will let you all know later.

12. clamz macrumors member

clamz

wait a bit for apple's call centers to cool off a bit and give them a call. was on hold for 15min, took maybe 4min with the sales rep to change my shipping address. they feel our pains!

13. Durandal549 macrumors member

My order was placed and confirmed.

I guess the question is: do you have access to the address Apple is defaulting to? I just wanted mine to go to my place of work. So it was no big deal if they couldn't change the shipping address.

14. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem. I have access to my brother's AT&T account so i updated the billing address to be mine. THen went to the Apploee STore to complete my order. It is still pulling in the original billing address (Which is my brother's). Wouldn't be a huge problem except that he lives 800 miles from me!:eek:

15. Shadylane315 macrumors regular

Just spoke to Apple and showed them that my previous orders with them have had that shipping address associasited to them (the one I want the 4s to go to). Said the system is still updating and to call back when I get my confirmation emails from them.

16. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

This process worked for me earlier today. I recently moved, but never changed my address with AT&T. Went to check out at the apple.com site today and it reflected my old address with AT&T and wouldn't allow me to change it.

I went back to the AT&T site, made the change there, and reordered the iPhone at apple.com. This time, my new address was in Apple's system and I was able to complete my order.

Did you completely log out of both systems (apple.com & att.com) before trying again?

17. theConvinced macrumors member

Hopefully this helps. I too have an old address on file as I am in the process of moving. I verified though that my AT&T and Apple ID addressees were correct before ordering and I still could not change it. I called Apple this morning and they confirmed a bug in the system but don't worry as soon as we all received our order acknowledgment, not the reservation and not the order number, but the actual email with the order number that means it is now in the apple system. The rep said I could call back or I should be able to then edit the address. Currently when I click on edit it says that order can not be changed in its current state. He confirmed there was a ton of calls with this same issue and that once the system reaches prepped for shipment is when we can change it. I currently notice the store order check and shipment system is down. We'll be back soon message. Hope this helps lets all be patient.

18. jephersun macrumors member

I made my order at 4:15 AM on ATT's website. I changed my address and then placed my order. Went to bed, woke up to a confirmation with an old address I had on file. Waited on business customer care for 30 minutes. Customer service agent told me it's easiest to cancel the order and start a new one. I asked if I will be receiving this phone on the 14th, he said yes. He asked for my new address and placed my order.

19. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

Yep, thanks for the thought, but I did and it didn't help. I'm wondering if it's got something to do with the fact that my brother gets an employer discount? Is that what a "FAN" plan is? It states "FAN" after it lists his employer's name.

I went ahead and ordered the phone and Apple finally moved the status to "Processing" and I was able to change the shipping address.

I'm pretty sure this was the process I went through when the 4 came out and it worked then.

However, I'm concerned as someone mentioned that Apple may re-query and update addresses prior to shipment? Say it ain't so! :eek:

If that's the case, then I need to call in and have the address changed until it ships, then change it back.

20. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

I just called Apple, and was assured by "Matt" that they will not change the shipping address back to that on the AT&T account...so I'm all set! :D