Billing address on preorder

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ggab, Apr 10, 2015.

1. ggab macrumors member

I used Apple Pay to preorder...in the hussle to get my preorder in I accidentally left the billing address as my work address. The credit card's billing address is currently my home. I'm also shipping to my work address.

I can't change the billing address online, I'd have to call them. I don't see a hold on the funds on my credit card account yet.

Do I:

1. Change my billing address on my credit card to match my work address.
    2. Call Apple to update the billing address.
    3. Leave it alone since the order went through.

2. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

Hah! We're both in the same boat. I switched my billing address from work to home, but still had the work ZIP code listed.

Just because the order went through doesn't mean it actually went through. When they go to ship your Watch, they'll try to charge the card and your card issuer will deny it because the address doesn't match your address.

You cannot modify the billing info online for the order.

Call 1-800-692-7753 and say "I have a question about my order." It'll get you to a rep, and ask to change the billing address.

You'll receive two emails. One is an updated order confirmation email, and another details that you changed your billing address.

When you check the order status on Apple's website, it will still show the incorrect info. Don't fear though, it has been updated. Their website just doesn't reflect it.

:D

3. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

We are discussing this issue in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1864682

4. ggab thread starter macrumors member